Matt Walsh: (Facebook)
Trump won South Carolina, a supposedly conservative Christian state, by a wide margin tonight.
A few quick reactions:
– Don’t rationalize this. He didn’t win because of Democrats. The man won Evangelicals!
The man who — JUST THIS WEEK — praised Planned Parenthood, -and who fishes for applause lines by cussing out his competitors and mocking disabled people?
And who can’t name a single book in the Bible?
And who said he doesn’t need forgiveness from God, and who brags about sleeping with married women?
And who said he’d date his own daughter because she has a hot body?
And who supported the murder of fully developed infant children at birth?
And who blatantly lies and then lies again about lying?
And who has encapsulated literally the exact opposite of anything that could remotely be considered a “Christian value,” (yet won with the indispensable assistance of Christians)?
The anger I feel towards those Christians in this moment cannot be put into words. They should be ashamed. I will pray for them.
– Speaking of winning conservatives, Trump — JUST THIS WEEK — said he LIKES the Obamacare mandate! This was, according to conservatives, the most important thing to defeat not but two years ago. Now some of those same conservatives are voting for a big government liberal who says he supports the very thing these very people were sure would undo the Republic just a few months ago.
– If Trump wins the nomination, Conservatism in this country is officially dead, and the country itself will be close behind it.
– Speaking of the country’s demise, Trump fans are gleefully ushering in tyranny.
I am tired of hearing about their “anger.” They claim they are angry at the very thing they now embrace.
They aren’t angry. They’re bored.
They’re infatuated with celebrity and fame and money.
They aren’t angry. I’m angry about what they are doing to my nation.
The rest of us can be angry, but these people have lost the right to have their anger taken seriously.
– I don’t want to hear about second place consolation prizes. If Cruz or Rubio can’t win South Carolina, it may be time to panic. I’m sorry, but it’s true. Deal with the reality, folks.
– According to exit polls, Trump fans don’t necessarily think he’s electable and they don’t believe he shares their values, but “THEY WANT CHANGE!”
Dear God, we are really doing 2008 all over again, -people voting for ambiguous, non-specific change in spite of the avalanche of red flags.
We are really doing this again. I am so disgusted at the stupidity in this country.
– Bush should be commended for dropping out. He’s an honorable and decent man, although I didn’t support him.
The others in the bottom tier, should they stay in, will be doing potentially irreparable harm to this country and my children’s future.
And that is something I will struggle to forgive.
– Get on your knees and pray for this country tonight. Right now. I feel we are on the cusp of something terrible. Pray we avoid it.
Larry Lynn Davis Jr I have something to say..
It’s hard to be a graceful loser and most of the time I can humble myself but this is too much for me! The people who voted for Trump tonight are so blinded by rage and disdain for the retards on the left and with democrats that they believe everything this loud mouthed disgusting piece of crap says!
I can’t blame them for their anger as I share it with them but common sense is a rarity nowadays and to see my fellow conservatives vote for this clown just pushes me over the edge.
Tonight the Dems laugh at us and celebrate the victory they have over us as they now control us. Fools are blind and the anger has blinded Trump supporters.
We conservatives are the last remaining torch holders when it comes to common sense and the ability to make sound judgements under pressure and what do we do, we give SC to this idiot!
Ted Cruz is a real conservative with a real conservative record and a real conservative conscience! Ted Cruz is also consistent unlike this flip flopping son of a bitch!
Trump is a liberal piece of shit who’s playing these angry dumb asses like a fiddle! PLEASE WAKE UP CONSERVATIVES!! Trump is not the answer! Trump is not the answer.. Please wake up ladies and gents.. We are on the edge of oblivion and Trump can’t be trusted. He’s proven it time and time again.
I love you conservative brothers and sisters but your anger has blinded you and has clouded your judgement!
Please listen to reason and vote for Cruz. Cruz is a man with a vision, a man with a plan and who’s calm-natured and intelligent when discussing why we’re the best.
Trump can never be Cruz because Trump is an infiltrator who’s taking you angry pawns for a ride to the dark side. Please wake up before it’s too late!